The Hutt Valley Gymnastics Centre (HVG) is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic coach to join our amazing team. HVG is the largest gymnastics club in the Wellington region running comprehensive competitive and recreational programmes. We have a growing membership and dedicated and capable coaching team.
This role will involve working across many aspects of the HVG programme including MAG, GFA, Play Gym, Parkour, Adult Gym, Tumbling, and Excel/Stages.
Successful applicants will bring the following skills and attributes:
- A commitment to child safety.
- A caring and supportive nature.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Good organisational skills.
- Be a supportive team member
- Be honest and reliable
- Be proactive in continuing to learn and grow as a gymnastics coach.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
The ideal candidate will be:
- Be able to work weekends and weekday evenings from 3:30pm
- Be able to plan and coach to intermediate GFA level
- Hold GNZ elementary Coach Certificate or equivalent experience
- Hold a First Aid Certificate
- Speak English fluently
The position is for a minimum of 20 hours a week with pay rate negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
If you love helping others achieve their goals, are excited about gymnastics and being part of a team with a desire to develop an exceptional facility for our members, then please contact us for a full position description and application form.
Programme Manager: Lynn Wallace
Subject line: MAG/GFA Coach Position information